2 Nights Cruise: Mandalay to Bagan
The Strand’s two-night cruise from Mandalay to Bagan begins with a welcome breakfast at U-Bein Bridge then visit to the Mahamuni Pagoda and the Shwe In Bin monastery, a beautifully carved teak monastery. After enjoying lunch aboard, we sail to Mingun, one of the country’s former capitals, visiting the unfinished pagoda, as well as the Hsinbyume Pagoda and Mingun bell.
Day two sees our passengers to Ava, one of Myanmar’s ancient imperial capitals, for a delightful ride through the naturally preserved landscape and key landmarks. Here we visit the Yadana Shemee and Wingaba, temples. Once back on board, the ship cruises onwards throughout the afternoon towards the ancient city of Bagan.
After a healthy breakfast onboard disembark in Bagan where guests will then be accompanied to the airport or their hotel in Bagan.
Cruise Rates Include
- Accommodation on a per person basis
- Three meals during full sailing days, breakfast on day of disembarkation
- All sightseeing as stated in set itineraries
- Soft drinks & local beer. House wine during meals
- Transfer from Point of embarking/disembarking to airport or hotel in either Bagan or Mandalay
- Port charges
- We welcome children of four years and over sharing a Strand Cabin category or above with accompanying adult(s)*
- The active land excursions and intimate atmosphere of The Strand Cruise make the experience not suitable for younger children
- Children over 12 years will need to have their own cabin and will be charged the applicable adult rates
- Children must be supervised at all times and the