3 Nights Cruise: Mandalay to Bagan
The Strand’s three-night cruise from Mandalay to Bagan begins with a welcome breakfast at U-Bein Bridge then visit to the Mahamuni Pagoda. After enjoying lunch aboard, we sail to Mingun, one of the country’s former capitals, visiting the unfinished pagoda, as well as the Hsinbyume Pagoda and Mingun bell.
Day two sees our passengers to Ava, one of Myanmar’s ancient imperial capitals, for a delightful Horse cart ride through the naturally preserved landscape and key landmarks. Here we visit the Yadana Shemee. Once back on board, the ship cruises onwards throughout the afternoon towards the ancient city of Bagan.
Day three is spent exploring Bagan’s wonders, including the Ananda Temple, one of the most exquisite temples of the country; the Shwezigon Pagoda, renowned for its gold leaf décor; the beautiful Sulamani temple and Gubyaukgyi temple; before rejoining your fellow guests for a farewell dinner full of gastronomic delight.
Cruise Rates Include
- Accommodation on a per person basis
- Three meals during full sailing days, breakfast on day of disembarkation
- All sightseeing as stated in set itineraries
- Soft drinks & local beer. House wine during meals
- Transfer from Point of embarking/disembarking to airport or hotel in either Bagan or Mandalay
- Port charges
- English speaking guide. Alternative language guides can be provided on request and subject to availability (additional cost may apply)
- Wi-Fi available in all cabins and public areas with internet connection. Due to the current environment and its infrastructure, the internet connection might be unstable.
- Complimentary International daily newspapers.
- We welcome children of four years and over sharing a Strand Cabin category or above with accompanying adult(s)*
- The active land excursions and intimate atmosphere of The Strand Cruise make the experience not suitable for younger children
- Children over 12 years will need to have their own cabin and will be charged the applicable adult rates
- Children must be supervised at all times and their safety is the responsibility of the accompanying adult(s)
- The Strand Cruise is not able to provide any child-care or babysitting services