4 Nights Cruise: Bagan to Mandalay
The Strand’s four-night cruise from Bagan to Mandalay begins with breakfast in the tranquil gardens of the oldest lacquerware house in Bagan, before passengers visit the nearby Shwezigon Pagoda, famous for its gold leaf décor, and the Ananda temple, one of most exquisite temples in Myanmar. After enjoying lunch on board, passengers continue their exploration of the Bagan Heritage Trail, including the beautiful Sulamani and Gubyaukgyi temples.
The ship casts off on day two for a relaxing cruise upstream towards Mandalay to enjoy the passing landscapes and villages along the river bank, with scenes reminiscent of the days of Rudyard Kipling and other intrepid explorers who have visited this rugged landscape over the centuries.
After a leisurely breakfast, day three brings a visit to Ava, the ancient imperial capital of successive Burmese Kingdoms from the 14th to 19th centuries. Horse carts await the ship to transport guests for a delightful ride through the naturally preserved Ava landscape and key landmarks.
Day four sees The Strand Cruise arrive in Mandalay, Myanmar’s second- largest city and the last royal capital of Myanmar. Our passengers first stop is the U-Bein Bridge, a crossing that spans the Taungthaman Lake near Amarapura, before visiting the Mahamui Buddha temple and the Shwe In Bin monastery. Following lunch back on board as we cruise, the ship stops in Mingun, one of the country’s former capitals. Guests will visit the unfinished pagoda, as well as the Hsinbyume pagoda and Mingun bell. Our final night is spent at an exclusive mooring overnight close to a temple in Ava, while guests say farewell to their fellow passengers with a gastronomic dinner.
Cruise Rates Include
- Accommodation on a per person basis
- Three meals during full sailing days, breakfast on day of disembarkation
- All sightseeing as stated in set itineraries
- Soft drinks & local beer. House wine during meals
- Transfer from Point of embarking/disembarking to airport or hotel in either Bagan or Mandalay
- Port charges
- English speaking guide. Alternative language guides can be provided on request and subject to availability (additional cost may apply)
- Wi-Fi available in all cabins and public areas with satellite internet connection. Due to the current environment and its infrastructure, the internet connection might be unstable.
- Complimentary International daily newspapers.
- We welcome children of four years and over sharing a Strand Cabin category or above with accompanying adult(s)*
- The active land excursions and intimate atmosphere of The Strand Cruise make the experience not suitable for younger children
- Children over 12 years will need to have their own cabin and will be charged the applicable adult rates
- Children must be supervised at all times and their safety is the responsibility of the accompanying adult(s)
- The Strand Cruise is not able to provide any child-care or babysitting services